GAMETHEORY'S VR JAM
Hey everyone. GameTheory is doing a 48 hour Game Jam this year - in VR!
What is a Game Jam? A game jam is when a bunch of people spend a set amount of time making games all around the same prompt or theme, alone or in small teams.
Cool. So, how's this going down?
- Fill out THIS FORM to let us know you want to jam. Teams can be 1-6 members.
- Join us at our co-working space at 266 Main St. in Burlington VT, from 4PM Friday the 19th through 4PM Sunday the 21st.
- May 21st from 6-8PM the games made at GameJam will be demoed at our Game Jam awards party @ VCET. There people can check out the games and vote for their favorites. At 7:45PM we will close the voting boxes, count the votes, and reward the winning game
- The winning team gets cash prizes!
What if I don't have any VR equipment? Right, so most people don't have their own VR equipment. That's totally fine. If you need VR equipment, let us know on the registration form. We'll try our best to provide equipment to as many teams as possible.
What if I have extra VR equipment that I can share? That's awesome! Please email Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org with what equipment you have available.
So to sum it all up...
- WHERE: @ 266 Main Street, Burlington VT
- WHEN: @ 4PM Friday May 19th through 4PM Sunday May 21st - Party and Awards @ 6-8PM Sunday May 21st.
- PRIZES: The more participants the better the cash prizes! At least $100 for the best game of the Jam
- FOOD: We will have snacks around the work space and have pizza for the party on the 21st
- FYI: We have a zero tolerance harassment policy. If your conduct is making others feel uncomfortable or unsafe you'll be asked to leave.
Want to help spread the word? Let others know about GameTheory's VR Jam using one these educational* pictures!
Location, parking, and the schedule for the event.
Curious about sponsorship? Find out more here.
First time developing in VR? Here are some resources to get you started.