How Can Games Solve Problems?
In all other parts of our lives we push challenges and problems away; with games we invite problems to us. That's the mindset we're channeling to solve problems in a wide range of industries every day.
Games provide a lens into human psychology unlike any other. They let us see how with simple designs we can expand motivation to compel powerful engagement and action. By analyzing the components of games, what makes them fun for different people and why, we can use games to appeal to a wide range of people and push them towards new goals with that insight.
Check out our founder/CEO's TEDx Talk here.
Our Key Principals
Test early, test often. We pride ourselves on our action-oriented approach based on feedback that begins early in the process and continues regularly.
By focusing on natural inclinations instead of demanding interactions, your audience will engage with you because they want to, not because they have to.
Drawing on user type insights from game development strategy, we help you segment your target market and create an optimal engagement approach.
How Do We Work With Clients?
We start all of our projects the same way, getting an in depth understanding of three things:
- What's the challenge your tackling?
- Who's the audience you're trying to reach?
- What can be measure to track out success?
We dive into this process with a series of workshops or brainstorming sessions to help you narrow in on these answers. The first two are usually easier, but we believe strongly in understanding how we can prove that our solution helped meet your goal right from the start. Success metrics are key.
Once we've completed Discovery we can start figuring out how we're going to tackle the challenge ahead using our game methodology kit. There's a few key things we do during this process:
- Analyze your target market against our gaming demographic profiles. With this step we pull our polling data on game behavioral trends to identify the game engagement profile for your target market. This lets us choose gaming tools for your challenge that will best appeal to your audience.
- Prototype initial designs for review and critique to start an iterative workflow. We will work with you to design out concepts and find ways to use and feel them early on in the process. Through that we can all use a hands-on experience to judge the best path forward.
Finally, when we've come up with a design that feels like a great approach and an angle that will best appeal to your demographic, we will start to build out your game-based solution. There are a few key principals we follow when building a product:
- Test early and often! We will test with a live product as quickly as we can, prototyping out the basic concept and then building on it based on feedback gathered from a working concept.
- Logic systems meet imaginative design. This is what makes us love what we do so much. Everything we build is based on a solid and oftentimes invisible foundation of powerful systems design and logic. The paint on top is the excellent design we use to finish our products and to make them so appealing for your audience.
Want to learn more about GameTheory's methodology?
Explore our blog posts on the topic below, or check out any of our industry pages for example projects.